- TipTaeTip / (TtT) / Tip to Tip is walking the length of Scotland from the most Southerly to the most Northerly mainland point, following some of the nation's Greatest Long Distance Trails
- Walkers who complete the Challenge in one attempt and in one direction will be known as TipTaeTip Thru Walkers (through)
- Walkers who complete the trail in no real order of sequence or in more than 1 year (or both of these), will be known as TipTaeTip Section Walkers
- Thru Walkers who complete the trail in one year but in no order i.e. may walk North for some sections then south for others, will be known as TipTaeTip Flip Floppers.
- A day chilling out where no miles of Hiking takes place are called Zero Days aka a rest day
- A Nero is a day of Near Zero Hiking Activity
- Slackpacking is making use of an individual trail's Baggage Transfer system. If an trail has these in place it is generally advertised on its own website. You may have to carry your own baggage for some sections of the challenge, otherwise arrange with a B&B or Hotel to accept your baggage ahead of your arrival brought by taxi.
The Challenge Dictionary is adapted from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy